Inventory of Medication
Inventory of medication
- Buy drugs in quantities that will be within a reasonable amount of time
- Before buying, check product expiry dates
- Use products with older expiry dates first, move them to the front of the shelf in front of the new medications
- Check open containers to ensure stoppers and caps have proper seals
- Always check the contents of stored opened containers before using
o If there is any discolouration or cloudiness, properly dispose
- Clean the storage unit and refrigerator
- Organize by different classes of products (Antibiotics, vaccines, etc.)
o Should be stored on separate shelves with labels.
Call vet office to order medication.